Banana Blondies w/Browned Butter Frosting Recipe
These yummy bars keep well when kept in an airtight container, but they will most likely go fast. They are great to take to pot-luck dinners, family gatherings, or picnics.
1 cup melted butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 ripe bananas
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 cup butter
3 cups powdered sugar
2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line a 1/4 sheet pan with 1" sides (or 9" x 13" pan) with parchment.
- Cream the melted butter and brown sugar; add the vanilla, eggs, and bananas; mix until smooth.
- Measure the flour into a fine strainer set over the banana mixture.
- Add the salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg; shake the dry ingredients through.
- With the mixer on low, mix until smooth.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pan and smooth evenly.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven to cool.
- Frosting: Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat; let the butter cook until it turns a light golden brown.
- Measure the powdered sugar into a mixing bowl and turn the mixer to low.
- Pour the browned butter into the mixture.
- Add milk and beat on high until smooth.
- Spread over the cooled bars and cut into 48 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 129 Calories from Fat 55
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 42% Protein 3% Carb. 55%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 24 mg
Sodium 88 mg
Total Carbohydrate 18 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.